Thursday, March 10, 2011

American Idol Season 10 Updates - Ashton Jones Voted Off 'American Idol,' Top 12 Remain

Ashton Jones -- the contestant Steven Tyler once praised for having "the confidence of a queen" -- was voted off during tonight's (Mar. 10) "American Idol" results show.

'American Idol': 7 Things You Didn't See on TV


Jones weathered the elimination alongside Karen Rodriguez and Haley Reinhart, after their 10 other competitors were revealed to be safe.

'American Idol': Naima Adedapo Busts Out 'Umbrella,' Scotty McCreery Cruises Up 'River'

The R&B singer gave Diana Ross another shot after learning she had received the least viewer votes, performing "When You Tell Me That You Love Me" in a long-shot attempt to win the judges' singular safe card for the season. Jennifer Lopez gently broke the news that their decision not to save her was unanimous, telling Ashton, "I was rooting for you, baby."

Jones also performed Diana Ross' "When You Tell Me That You Love Me" during last night's episode, which prompted Lopez to suggest singing a more popular Ross hit. "I've had a beautiful experience," Jones said in her farewell. "I just want to say thank you, America." Relive Jones' performance from last night (Mar. 9) below.

Former "Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert also took the stage tonight, showing a softer side with a stunning acoustic version of his most recent single, "Aftermath." Sitting atop a stool with his bandmates surrounding him, Lambert -- who host Ryan Seacrest touted as "truly setting the bar for style and spectacle on this stage" -- appeared cool, calm and collected. Watch below.

Additionally, Dirty-Diddy Money took the stage later in the show to perform their hit "Coming Home," with the song's hook songstress Skylar Grey joining the group. The show kicked off with the full cast of contestants performing a medley of Michael Jackson hits. Watch both "Coming Home" and the MJ medley below.

Tonight's "Idol" featured more than just Jones' swan song and performances from Diddy and Lambert: Casey Abrams was not present, due to further health problems that landed the contestant back in the hospital.(Billboard)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
They simply just call me "manoi" (a term usually called for first-born or elder brothers), but others call me "rai". My legal guardians gave me the Christian name Ryan Carlo Palima Garces. I obtained my bachelor's degree ( Bachelor of Science in Accountancy ) in Saint Joseph College, Maasin City, Southern Leyte batch 2001. I got married last Feb 13, 2008 and blessed with a wonderful, caring and hardworking wife and three bouncy and effort-intensive kid-dos (khym clyd, kliven dru and korbin jimm). My greatest passion really are into the sport of basketball, soccer and volleyball but since I was a kid, music really has a bigger impact on my life still, singing is my passion and I always dreamed of having a band playing inspirational musics and masterpiece. Later on, comes into my instincts that I have something in me into Photography.