Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Angeline denies competition with Sarah, gears up for 1st CD

MANILA, Philippines - "Star Power"'s first grand winner Angeline Quinto said there is no competition between her and Pop Star Princess Sarah Geronimo.
In fact, Geronimo is one of her inspirations, she told "The Buzz".
"Wala naman po. Sobrang wala. Kasi si Sarah Geronimo po eh isa po talaga sa naging inspirasyon ko 'yan sa 'Star Power'," Quinto told host KC Concepcion, who played her in her life story dramatized by "Maalaala Mo Kaya" last Saturday.
Quintos's life was changed after she lost to Geronimo in the singing competition "Star For A Night" in 2002.
On March 5, Quinto had a chance to perform with Geronimo on the same stage.
Quinto said that she was really happy singing with the Pop Star Princess.
"Natutuwa po ako kasi sobra ang suporta din po sa akin ni Sarah. Sobrang naramdaman ko din po ang pag-welcome niya sa akin sa 'ASAP Rocks' kaya sobrang bow po ako kay Sarah talaga. Sobra po," she said.
1st album
After winning "Star Power," Quinto is now busy promoting her first album under Star Records.
Quinto said that included in her 6-track album is her winning piece "Patuloy Ang Pangarap."
"'Patuloy Ang Pangarap'--'yun ang una kong ni-record at lahat po ng kanta diyan ay original songs," she said.
"Super saya po. Noong una wala pa akong ganang mag-record kasi first time ko at naninibago pa ako. Pinatay pa ang ilaw sa recording studio (para di ma-conscious)," she shared.
In the end, Quinto extended her appreciation to all the people who worked behind her album and asked all her fans to support her first CD.(abs-cbnnews)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
They simply just call me "manoi" (a term usually called for first-born or elder brothers), but others call me "rai". My legal guardians gave me the Christian name Ryan Carlo Palima Garces. I obtained my bachelor's degree ( Bachelor of Science in Accountancy ) in Saint Joseph College, Maasin City, Southern Leyte batch 2001. I got married last Feb 13, 2008 and blessed with a wonderful, caring and hardworking wife and three bouncy and effort-intensive kid-dos (khym clyd, kliven dru and korbin jimm). My greatest passion really are into the sport of basketball, soccer and volleyball but since I was a kid, music really has a bigger impact on my life still, singing is my passion and I always dreamed of having a band playing inspirational musics and masterpiece. Later on, comes into my instincts that I have something in me into Photography.