Sunday, April 17, 2011

AMERICAN IDOL NEWS! - top 11 - Motown performances and songs of Elton John


Top 11 (first week) – Motown

OrderContestantSong (original artist)Result
1Casey Abrams"I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (Marvin Gaye)Saved
2Thia Megia"(Love Is Like a) Heat Wave" (Martha and the Vandellas)Bottom 3
3Jacob Lusk"You're All I Need to Get By" (Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell)Safe
4Lauren Alaina"You Keep Me Hangin' On" (The Supremes)Safe
5Stefano Langone"Hello" (Lionel Richie)Bottom 3
6Haley Reinhart"You've Really Got a Hold on Me" (The Miracles)Safe
7Scotty McCreery"For Once in My Life" (Stevie Wonder)Safe
8Pia Toscano"All in Love Is Fair" (Stevie Wonder)Safe
9Paul McDonald"The Tracks of My Tears" (The Miracles)Safe
10Naima Adedapo"Dancing in the Street" (Martha and the Vandellas)Safe
11James Durbin"Living for the City" (Stevie Wonder)Safe
  • Group performance: "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" (Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell)
  • Stevie Wonder with group: "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours", "Happy Birthday" (to Steven Tyler)

Top 11 (second week) – Elton John

OrderContestantSongResult
1Scotty McCreery"Country Comfort"Safe
2Naima Adedapo"I'm Still Standing"Eliminated
3Paul McDonald"Rocket Man"Bottom 3
4Pia Toscano"Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me"Safe
5Stefano Langone"Tiny Dancer"Safe
6Lauren Alaina"Candle in the Wind"Safe
7James Durbin"Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting"Safe
8Thia Megia"Daniel"Eliminated
9Casey Abrams"Your Song"Safe
10Jacob Lusk"Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word"Safe
11Haley Reinhart"Bennie and the Jets"Safe
  • Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery: "I Told You So" (Randy Travis)
  • Naima Adedapo and Jacob Lusk: "Solid" (Ashford & Simpson)
  • Haley Reinhart, Thia Megia and Pia Toscano: "Teenage Dream" (Katy Perry)
  • Stefano Langone, Paul McDonald, James Durbin and Casey Abrams: "Band on the Run" by (Paul McCartney & Wings)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My Photo
They simply just call me "manoi" (a term usually called for first-born or elder brothers), but others call me "rai". My legal guardians gave me the Christian name Ryan Carlo Palima Garces. I obtained my bachelor's degree ( Bachelor of Science in Accountancy ) in Saint Joseph College, Maasin City, Southern Leyte batch 2001. I got married last Feb 13, 2008 and blessed with a wonderful, caring and hardworking wife and three bouncy and effort-intensive kid-dos (khym clyd, kliven dru and korbin jimm). My greatest passion really are into the sport of basketball, soccer and volleyball but since I was a kid, music really has a bigger impact on my life still, singing is my passion and I always dreamed of having a band playing inspirational musics and masterpiece. Later on, comes into my instincts that I have something in me into Photography.